English is FUNtastic
sábado, 15 de novembro de 2014
Idioms About Food with Examples and Explanations (infographic)
Using these 8 funny idioms about food will make you a big cheese. You will find the examples and explanations of idioms under the infographic.
– a very studious person, intellectually gifted in the field of academics, a very intelligent person
- I think Jane will do well in her finals. She has always been a kind of
from elementary school all the way through college.
– an important and influential person
- Do you know Peter? He’s a
at the company, he may help you to get a good job there.
- a very lazy person who watches too much TV
- My uncle is a
, you never see him without the remote control in his hand.
– a very determined person, durable and robust person, a person who is difficult to deal with
- There is a
on the phone, he insists to talk to the manager, shall I put him through?
– leader, boss, the chief person in a group, the head of a project
- I don’t know when we’ll finish, ask Jack, he’s the
– troublemaker, criminal
- He’s a real
. If I were you, I wouldn’t let my daughter go out with him.
– pretending to dislike something that you can’t have
- The losers say they don’t mind that they couldn’t win the cup, but I’m sure this is only
– an American law that protects those who buy defective cars or other consumer goods
- Unfortunately, his new car had an engine defect, but he received a complete refund in accordance with the
Enviar a mensagem por email
Dê a sua opinião!
Partilhar no Twitter
Partilhar no Facebook
Partilhar no Pinterest
Mensagem mais recente