In a recent interview, John Malkovitch gave his opinion about Portugal, the city of Lisbon and how fine is to live in Portugal, either working or retiring.
John Gavin Malkovich born in the United States in 1953, is an actor, producer, director, and fashion designer.
In his long carreer he appeared in more then 70 pictures.
For his roles in Places in the Heart and In the Line of Fire, he received the Academy Awardnominations.
1. John knows Lisbon for more then 15 years. He has been working and visiting Lisbon for several times.
2. His first impression, as far as he could remember, was the people – friendly, smiling and terrific in his own words. He loves Lisbon, in fact.
3. Malkovitch appreciates location and geography, architecture and its variety. Great people everywere and good food.
4. He also love fado, the old traditional music. Fado has is root on words like “destiny” and “fate” and it can be traced to 19 th century or even earlier.
5. Questioned if Lisbon is still the same, in his thought he believes that should not be the same, as Lisbon and Portugal received now much more people visiting these places, but still maintains its unique characteristics and thus he still prefer to come here in holidays.
6. It is also a good place to live. Not very far from the place he lives nowadays. He was considering to buy a house close to Lisbon, but was already sold when it comes closed to the decision.
7. Malkovitch in what concerns recommendations to visit in Lisbon, he mention things like, just walking around, enjoying the beauties of nature or historical and cultural activities., museums, restaurants… There are lots of things to do in Lisbon