· 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat or spelt flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 1/4 cup rice, almond or soy milk
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup
· 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1/2 cup applesauce (or 1 mashed banana)
· 1 cup packed fresh spinach
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. 4. Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil.
5. Pour about 2 tablespoon of the pancake mixture onto the griddle, cook 2 minutes or until bubbles start forming on the surface and the bottom is golden brown.
6. Flip the pancakes and cook for 2 minutes longer.
To Freeze: Allow to cool, place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze for up to 4 months. When ready, place in toaster oven or oven at 300 and heat for 10 minutes or until heated through.
To Keep Warm: Place the pancakes in a 200F oven to keep warm until ready to serve.
Accompaniments: Serve with maple syrup or honey. They're both delicious!